Parents must be aware that the school will take any reasonable action to ensure the safety of its pupils. In cases where the school has reason to believe that a child may be subject to ill-treatment, neglect, or other forms of abuse, staff have no alternative but to follow City Safeguarding Procedures and inform the Social Care of their concern. Every school must have a named Designated Safeguarding Officer. Julie Housden and Jenny Boyd are the Designated Safeguarding Officers for Derwent Primary School.
- All members of staff and regular volunteers are police checked.
- All members of staff undertake child protection training.
- Any concerns about a child, or suspicion of abuse will be acted upon. We have a duty to report concerns directly to Social Care.
- Confidentiality will be maintained at all times to ensure the safety of the child.
- Any allegation made against a member of staff will be investigated immediately.
- The school follows all statutory regulations and works within the guidelines of the Area Child Protection Committee.
- The Governors have a Safeguarding Policy. If you would like a copy please ask and we will let you have one.